Fairy Tale Competition
Modern Doll Competition
September 2017, Danvers MA
“Fairy Tales” Theme
A one-day Competitive Exhibit will be held on Thursday, September 21st, 2017 at Danvers, MA at the Modern Doll Collectors Convention from 8 AM to 4 PM, room TBD. The theme of the competition will be “Fairy Tales”. Each attendee may submit one entry per category.
Rules of Entry
- Entries will be judged by the Board of Modern Doll and ribbons will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places with an additional Presidents and Peoples Choice ribbons .
- Entries will be judged on interpretation of theme, creativity and workmanship.
- Entries may be created by owner, or made by someone else.
- Entries will be divided into categories regarding size, such as
- 8 inches or under, 9 inches to 13 inches, and over 14 inches.
- You may enter one doll in each category.
- Dolls can be by any maker.
- Owner will submit a 3 x 5” index card stating the size, maker, and name of the doll as well as the Fairy Tale they are submitting. They will sign their name on the back of the index card.
- You may pre-register your entry by emailing me (email@example.com) the above information.
- Owner will sign in their doll on a list of entries at the Competition room and also sign out when they remove their dolls.
- Accessories should be kept to a minimum. No entry should take up space larger than 16” square.
- Entrants will provide their own stands.
Please email me with more questions, firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteers will be needed to act as monitors. Please advise if you can monitor and what hours you can work.