2017 Little Darling Fashion Gala
2017 Modern Doll Collectors Convention®
“Little Darling Fashion Gala”
“Tell me a Story”
September 20 – 23, 2017
Double Tree by Hilton Boston North Shore
2017 Rules for Entry
- The 2017 “Little Darling Fashion Gala“ model will be a 13-inch smiling Little DarlingTM doll by Diana Effner.
- Our 2017 theme is “Fairy Tales Really Do Come True.” Please write a short (100 words or less) story about a Fairy Tale or Story Book character and use your choice of an outfit to relate to the story. For example: you could describe a day in Cinderella’s life, or why she needs a new dress. The theme is wide open for your creative interpretation! Your doll may be customized, costume and styled as you see fit. Costume must be completely created by the submitting artist. Except shoes which must be included unless not in keeping with the artistic effect of the costume. You will create a costume and mail it in.
- When creating your design, please keep in mind that no large accessories are allowed – they must fit into a teacup or be an appropriately scaled hand-held accessory such as a staff or parasol. Please email for clarification.
- If you would like to enter, please send an email of intent to Patsy Moyer at email@example.com. The sooner you submit your request to enter, the longer you will have to perfect your creation. Please also submit the following with your completed design as per the highlighted instructions below:
- Your title: Please provide a title for your entry.
- Your story: Tell us how/why you transformed Little Darling into your Fairy Tale character. Send us a story, (50-100) words (no more) telling us who she is and how your design helps depict her story. The story will be featured on our website and enjoyed by our online visitors and will be displayed on a 3 x 5 index card with your entry during the convention. Use your story to pique the interest of our judges as they will read it when they are judging. Hint: the judges like stories.
- Your costume/outfit description: Please provide a physical description of your costume for publication; for example: “the costume is 5 pieces made of silk and tulle….” Etc. Be brief 50 words or less – otherwise It will be edited down.
- Your bio and headshot: Please provide a short bio (25-50 words) and a photo of you for publication on our web site. Include your website and contact information as applicable.
- Entry photos: All entries will be photographed by MDCC for inclusion on our website and in our “Little Darling Fashion Gala” 2017 Presentation program. We do welcome your own photos showing your entry posed as you wish. If you do send photos, please submit up to 5 poses as high resolution jpeg files. They may or may not be used at our discretion.
- Please note: Please submit all written material and photos as electronic text files and jpeg images sent via email to Dodie Vaughn, firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to Patsy Moyer email@example.com
- (Do not send printed material/cards with your entry). All written material and photos are subject to editing.
- Twelve entries will be chosen for inclusion in our 2017 “Little Darling Fashion Gala” lineup. Additional entries that do not make the final cut will be donated to our Helper room.
- At our 2017 Convention Event, a panel of judges made up of industry professionals and manufacturers will consider the entries and award First, Second and Third prizes. A People’s Choice Award will also be presented based on votes received on our website and ballots submitted by our convention attendees.
This year the First Prize and the People’s Choice Prize will be a Registration to the 2018 Modern Doll Convention.
- Thereafter, the 12 entries will be auctioned to the highest bidders. All monies raised from this auction will be donated directly to the chosen charity MANNA Worldwide, chosen by Nikki Britt, our convention souvenir doll artist.
- All completed entries must be shipped no later than June 1st, 2017 to: Dodie Vaughn, 21 Swains Pond Ave. Malden, MA 02148 MDI telephone: 763 634-2614 MDI FAX: 866-343-1225
My thanks to you, our designers, who so generously donate their time talent and hard work to benefit others.
Patsy Moyer, President, MDCC